Sunday, 2 February 2014

REVIEW : Rimmel ''Wake me up'' concealer in Ivory

Posted by A small Cat at 14:37


"Our first full coverage concealer that visibly reawakens and illuminates under the eyes. Completely conceals spots and other blemishes. Instant anti-fatigue effect with peptides and a Vitamin Moisturizing Complex." - Rimmel London

 This is the product that I always look at, at the drugstore, but for some reason I never end up picking it up. However, I run out of my Collection 2000 concealer ( and i could NOT live without one ) and found this Rimmel Wake Me Up to be on sale, so I figured now is the time to try it out :)
The concealer is true to it's shade in the bottle upon application and is very easy to apply.
The texture of this concealer is very silky, almost boarding on the line of slippery. In terms of coverage, it is not full coverage, more like a sheer to light , which is why I use it for BRIGHTENING, not actual concealing ( as i do tend to have quite dark circles ) however it is definitely buildable without being cakey.
I did notice that throughout the day this concealer tends to crease and settle into fine lines even when set with powder.

I wouldn’t recommend this concealer for under the eyes if you have really dark circles, but I would definitely recommend it for redness and pigmentation, however, I would not use this on spots and blemishes, as the product contains brightening and satiny illuminating finish that contains speckles of shimmer and it would make your spots stand out even more.

Have you ever tried the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer? Did you like it?


6 comments:

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt on 2 February 2014 at 15:22 said...

I think this is an excellent budget concealer, it's light, blends well and long lasting - all in all a super little product :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Rena Blank on 2 February 2014 at 21:37 said...

I love using this under the eyes, down my nose and under my brow bone to highlight. Great review and I do agree it is not a full coverage concealer. xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

little miss steph on 2 February 2014 at 23:28 said...

nice blog! please subscribe to my blog too. :) thanks!
http://adventuresoflittlenurse.blogspot.com/

NudePowder on 3 February 2014 at 22:46 said...

Great product, I use it myself along with my beloved Collection 2000 as you ;) and I really really like it! I use it just as an highlighter under my eyes since I have kinda huge dark circles and I need to pair it with something stronger! Just today I've prepared a new post for tomorrow about the Maybelline Fit Me concealers and a comparison with this one ;) I hope you'll check it out!

Raizel Greco on 3 February 2014 at 23:03 said...

I've tried this concealer and I didn't like it. I thought that it didn't blend out nicely.

Ray | Obey Ray

Jessica on 4 February 2014 at 17:38 said...

A clear review given Martha! I have thought about purchasing this product many times yet for some reason I just don't think it could do its justice with my dark circles haha! Xx

Essence of Jess

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog post :) -
I will visit every single one of you :) Make sure you leave your links, I would love to look & for others to see it.. If I enjoy your blog, I will follow it :)
Thank you so much :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Think Pink | Beauty,Fashion & Lifestyle Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting