Friday, 10 May 2013

Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash reviev & photos

Posted by A small Cat at 17:01

Product disappointment...

 £18.11 / $23.00 

Adored by some, for others overrated ...

Hi Everyone

I don't know why I hesitate that long to review this product, maybe because i don't like to be negative.  Anyway I know that actually genuine reviews are the one that are most requested, so i decided to write what I really think about this Extra Black Mascara from Make Up For Ever.
I got it as a gift  just a few months ago for Christmas. I used it occasionally because from the very first use it belonged not to my liking, which was a surprise to me because such a  well known and used by professionals brand should totally meet my expectations.

I really wanted to love it though after hearing all the rave reviews on it.







Smoky Lash is called innovation in mascaras, aims to magically transform our eyelashes in 3D (volume, length and curl).This ultra-pigmented mascara was specially designed to give the lashes an exceptional volume-enhancing effect with infinite lengthening and immediate curling.. Its formula is rich in ultra-fine mineral pigments to create the perfect smoky look: saturated lashes and smouldering eyes. Its ultra wide and dense new generation brush hold a maximum amount of product for instant spectacular lashes...

I really tried to find positive things about this mascara but I just couldn't find them. Firstly, the formula is very thick and feels heavy on the lashes which tends to weigh them down. I also found that the brush applies it unevenly and it quite awkward to handle.
Mascara doesn't have this spectacular false lash effect and ensure of deepest blacks are greatly exaggerated.
It dries almost immediately during application, resulting in a whole lot of'' lumps''. It makes my lashes clumpy after one coat, it does not hold a curl and flakes off my lashes because of its really dry formula. Just small amount of water, or even moisture and whole eye is blurred - like a little raccoon  :(

The product does not fulfil it's promises, or maybe that's just my feelings?
As a'' high-end'' mascara  I'm not impressed, only disappointed.


It did not work well for me and I would not recommend it .

10 comments:

Belle Bolton on 13 May 2013 at 19:25 said...

Must admit this doesn't look like the best mascara at all! The brush looks very clumpy and thick too. Thanks for the review!

Belle x
Mascara & Maltesers

Elvie on 13 May 2013 at 19:44 said...

I also use it and I'm not a fan of this mascara ... the result is nice but dries too quickly.

BreezeyBee on 14 May 2013 at 03:09 said...

i like he look of the brush as it would help give your lashes some lift and promote curl, but sad to hear it didnt work out. i hate it when cult products disappoint :(


I have an International 750 Follower giveaway running Check it out >>Here<<

BreezeyBee Blog
xoXo

Kelsey Furigay on 14 May 2013 at 15:26 said...

You're right! And I know the feeling to want to love a beauty product, but just can't. The maskara looks difficult to handle and your lashes looked super thick and clumpy! Good luck finding more brands that will be to your liking x


thenoisythinker.blogspot.com

Candyliquor UK on 14 May 2013 at 16:06 said...

My sister has this mascara and she's not a huge fan of it!

http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
UK High Street Fashion
xoxo

Bernadeth G. on 14 May 2013 at 19:02 said...

great post dear! :)

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

Fanny J. on 14 May 2013 at 19:24 said...

Ohhh… ABSOlutely amazing make up advises!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog dear: FOLLOW YOU right now!!! ;)
Check out & follow my blog too --- I’ll be waiting for you!!!

*Keep in touch ;)
ABSOkisses!!! Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn | The Marilyn Monroe of 21st century
Google+ | Facebook | Bloglovin'

Emma Cooke on 14 May 2013 at 20:58 said...

I've never heard of this brand before, but thanks for the review so I can avoid it!

Would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)

http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

RosyChicc on 15 May 2013 at 08:08 said...

I am so happy I stumbled across your review hun! I know that I won't pick this up now! :))

I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! <3

XO,
RosyChicc

Stacey Jane on 24 May 2013 at 18:08 said...

I didn't like this mascara either and I wanted to love it!!! I found it smudged terribly on me x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog post :) -
I will visit every single one of you :) Make sure you leave your links, I would love to look & for others to see it.. If I enjoy your blog, I will follow it :)
Thank you so much :) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Think Pink | Beauty,Fashion & Lifestyle Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting